Powered by WebAds

Monday, July 31, 2006

What really happened in Kfar Kana II?

Hezbollywood? Evidence mounts that Qana collapse and deaths were staged

It was to be a perfect Hollywood ending for Hezbollah. Just as the Israeli bombing of the village of Qana in 1996 brought a premature end to Israel's Operation "Grapes of Wrath," so too a sequel of Qana II could change, once and for all, the direction of Israel's current summer blockbuster, "Change of Direction."
...
There are other mysteries. The roof of the building was intact. Journalist Ben Wedeman of CNN noted that there was a larger crater next to the building, but observed that the building appeared not to have collapsed as a result of the Israeli strike.
...
Lebanese rescue teams did not start evacuating the building until the morning and only after the camera crews came. The absence of a real rescue effort was explained by saying that equipment was lacking. There were no scenes of live or injured people being extracted.

There was little blood, CNN's Wedeman noted: all the victims, he concluded, appeared to have died while as they were sleeping -- sleeping, apparently, through thunderous Israeli air attacks. Rescue workers equipped with cameras were removing the bodies from the same opening in the collapsed structure. Journalists were not allowed near the collapsed building.

Rescue workers filmed as they went carried the victims on the stretchers, occasionally flipping up the blankets so that cameras could show the faces and bodies of the dead.

But Israelis steeled to scenes of carnage from Palestinian suicide bombings and Hezbollah rocket attack could not help but notice that these victims did not look like our victims. Their faces were ashen gray. Their limbs appeared to have stiffened, from rigor mortis. Neither were effects that would have resulted from an Israeli attack hours before. These were bodies that looked like they had been dead for days.
...
But the accumulating evidence suggests another explanation for what happened at Kana. The scenario would be a setup in which the time between the initial Israeli bombing near the building and morning reports of its collapse would have been used to "plant" bodies killed in previous fighting -- reports in previous days indicated that nearby Tyre was used as a temporary morgue -- place them in the basement, and then engineer a "controlled demolition" to fake another Israeli attack.

3 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger AlanLaz said...

I want to believe this is the truth, but Israel is having no trouble owning up to the fact that they are responsible. Personally, I don't think they need to apologize for anything - but let's remember this is a theory, not fact (yet anyway). See this video that shows a couple of people being removed from the building.

http://www.ogrish.com/archives/2006/july/ogrish-dot-com-israeli_bombing_kills_54.wmv

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a question my Palastenian coworker asked me:Assuming it is true that hezbollah uses human shields then we should find destroyed weapons amongst the remains of these air strikes;yet even the Israeli newspapers don't seem to report that.Why not?

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger bluke said...

Is anyone looking? Remember Hezbollah controls the area and does not let journalists just wander around looking for evidence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home