I received the following pamphlet in my mailbox with a bunch of tips/advice for how to keep your kids from spiritual disaster.
I am not going to translate the whole pamphlet, it is too long. I will try to summarize each paragraph.
קייטנות - These are summer camps. You need to check out the other kids and make sure that everything is being run al pi torah
חופים - Beaches
There is a list of kosher separate beaches
בריכות - Pools
Be careful of the following:
1. That the kids don't read newspapers
2. There are no TV's in the area
עיסוק - Keeping busy
Make sure that the kids don't just hang out in the city (who knows what they will see)
קריאה - Reading
A library that has no supervision is a terrible danger. Also dangerous are all the newpapers/weeklies that have no rabbinical supervision.
תקשורת - Communication
Students in seminaries and yeshivas are not allowed to have cellular phones (even kosher ones).
Girls should not answer the phone if they don't know who the caller is (caller id) because the person might offer them a job (baby sitting) or ask them to participate in an opinion poll.
Don't give your children walkie talkies
רדיו ונגונים - Radio and music players
1. Radio is known to be one the biggest destroyers of the chinuch and neshama of children.
2. When buying a tape player you must disable the radio
3. mp4 players have been declared by the Gedolim to be destructive and you are not allowed to have one.