Saturday, July 21, 2007

On Making Money - A Followup

The Mishpacha Magazine (in English) printed a very good letter in response to Jonathan Rosenblum's article (see On Making Money for my response to the article) which appears below:


The letter writer's main point is that the world has changed and while in the past (especially right after WWII) it was possible to succeed with "hondling" ability, today it is very difficult to succeed with no education.

I am very glad to see that Mishpacha printed this letter. For the past few weeks I have bought both the English and Hebrew edition, it is amazing how different they are. The following ad appeared in this past week's English Mishpacha, in the Hebrew Mishpacha forget about such an ad appearing, secular studies are assur.

2 comments:

Rafi G. said...

I happened to see the English Mishpacha this week (I usually do not) and was surprised to see the ad for Landers College....

Berel said...

I would find it even more suprising if Mispacha would have an article about the value of limud H'Totarah and lomdei Torah...