Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Transliterations or Hebrew text?

As many of you may have noticed I am inconsistent in my use of Hebrew text here. Sometimes I write things out in Hebrew and sometimes I transliterate it in English.

The explanation for this is very simple. I am a decent typist in English and an awful one in Hebrew (I don't know where the letters are). Therefore, if the transliteration is relatively simple and understandable for my own convenience I will type it in English. If the transliteration will be hard to read and understand I will try to type it in Hebrew. In addition there are times when writing something in hebrew has more impact, and therefore I will try to type in Hebrew. Hopefully, as time goes on and my Hebrew typing improves a little, it won't be so painful for me to type in Hebrew and I will abandon the transliterations completely. Until then please bear with me.

No comments: