Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The scandals just don't stop

Today there are 2 more cases of religious Jews being arrested for financial crimes.

Monsey couple charged with welfare fraud

A chasidish couple was arrested for stealing $75,000 from federal rent, Medicaid and food stamp programs

Mail Thieves Caught in Rockland County

2 frum guys (with 3 week beards) were arrested for stealing checks from mailboxes.

It is not hard to understand why this is happening. The Gemara in Kiddushin (30b)states:
ר' יהודה אומר כל שאינו מלמדו אומנות מלמדו מלמדו ליסטות
R' Yehuda says that whoever does not teach his son a profession is teaching him to be a robber

In many parts of the Charedi world today "work" is a 4 letter word and many people simply have no skills to make a living, therefore as the Gemara says they turn to theft.

2 comments:

sari said...

Hi Tammy
I'm sorry to hear that you are also a victom .
She didn't do it to 3 other people ! It's more than 30!!!!!!
me and my husband are also victoms of this woman.
I'm asking you and all of the rest:please call me urgently-It's so importent!!! 347-276-6371

Unknown said...

please call me 917.627.9096