Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Ad in Hamodia acknowledges R' Shachter as a Gadol

I saw an ad in this week's English Hamodia which really surprised me. The ad is for the Taryag Mitzvos Program, where people learn about the Taryag Mitzvos. They have a full page ad in Hamodia with haskamos from a whole list of gedolim. I was perusing the list and saw, R' Elyashiv, R' Chaim Kanievsky, R' Mattisyahu Solomon, and then I almost fell out of my chair "R' Hershel Shachter Rosh Hayeshiva, Yeshivas Rabbeinu Yitzchak Elchanan". Right under his name comes R' Moshe Shapiro, then R' Shteinman.

7 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger anonymous said...

what is this program?
is it an ad for a BOOK on taryag mitzvos

http://rygb.blogspot.com/2005/05/taryag.html

or some actual program?

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger bluke said...

I was in a rush leaving the house this morning so I don't really know. I think it is a sefer but I am not sure. The bit about R' Shachter really caught my eye. When I get home I will read the ad more carefully.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To quote from the ad it is an "unparalled multi-volume deluxe encyclopedia, 613 laminated mitzva cards packed with fascinating information, beautifully illustrated full-color junior mitzva cards for younger children, a full-scale curriculum, featuring a state of the art fullc color textbook, witha teacher's edition, workbooks and related educational materials"

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous a pashut yid said...

Is there any way to scan the ad? Id love to see that :) thanks a lot

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i see that r' moshe shapiro has also gotten into this business, he didn't used to be giving haskomos etc

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Litvshe said...

Sure it's not an April Fool's thing? Or is that Chukas HaGoyim?

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger bluke said...

It's only an ad. Hamodia doesn't check the ads that closely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home